I have experience teaching children though adults, as well as students with special needs. I can structure lessons for absolute beginners to highly advanced students. Because individuals, couples and groups each have specific needs, I am flexible in my teaching structure. My studio has two wheels, a large hand building table and other tools. I can teach larger groups at your facility, with minimal set up required.
I offer various teaching approaches to suit your needs:
- Individual lessons: Content of lessons can include: focusing on developing and improving wheel throwing skills, coaching to complete a personal project, or simply to for the joy of working with clay. Lessons are hourly with materials, firing, and studio maintenance fees included at $110. I offer series of lessons with package rate of 10 lessons at $100 per hour, or combination thereof (5 two hour sessions, etc).
- Group rates of 2 people at $90 per hour with a 10 lesson package at $80 per hour
- I can teach larger groups off site. Please contact me for information about supplies, location needs, and rates.
Specialized classes include:
- Couples or duos: create together, or work side by side. Wheel throwing, hand building, or a combination of the two- it is your choice.
- Family project: create a special project together as a family. This could be a sculpture, a functional piece like a bowl or lamp, or memorial to a loved one or pet, including an urn for ashes. This is best done at your home, due to larger space needed.
- Commemoration projects for groups or schools, including fountains, wall murals, signage or other site-specific works.
- Classroom demonstrations with or without followup project with students.
Please contact me to discuss further details: 617.775.9734 or firstname.lastname@example.org